Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch 97

This morning I participated in the Sweet Sunday Sketch 97. This was the card I created to match the criteria provided. The flower and poke-a-dot backgrounds came from the DCWV "The Blossoms & Butterflies Stack."
I used "Magic Mesh" as a textured background behind my accent flower. The bottom (pink) layer of the flower is simply pink cardstock cut out with a hand punch outlined in "Star Dust" Stickles. The second layer is a Prima yellow poke-a-dot smaller size flower outlined in "Star Dust" Stickles. Holding the flower together and the "Be Happy" charm is a white brad. Lastly, to add a 3D effect, I pop dotted the accent flower to the Magic Mesh.
 To add a bit of glam to the poke-a-dots on the edges of the card, I randomly added "Fruit Punch" Stickles to fill in the dots.
 The inside of the card has the same pattern of poke-a-dots from the front of the card as the bottom background. Only a simple "Happy Birthday" was needed to tie the whole card together.
You can purchase this exact card on my Etsy.com shop, Located Here.

-CraftASmile Designs by Christine & Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment